Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I hope that everyone has had a very Merry Christmas. Addie had a whirlwind Christmas. The only thing that was missing was Daddy (okay, so that's kind of a big thing), but everyone helped us have a wonderful Christmas despite Nathan not being here.

On Christmas Eve the whole family went to the annual Farley Family dinner. We all had a really wonderful time.

On Christmas morning Addie opened her stocking and got her presents from Santa at Nanna and Baba's house. Santa left really wonderful Haba and Selecta toys in her stocking, but her favorite item was her new toothbrush.




Then we went straight to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She was showered with gifts by everyone there. She loved all the shiny paper and boxes. What a lucky little girl.


Then we came back to Nanna and Baba's and napped for awhile. We then went to see Marley and Me at the theater. Addie has been to two movies when she was teeny tiny, and slept all the way through them. I wasn't sure how she'd do now that she is older, but she was really wonderful. The last 20 minutes of the movie I had to get up and stand in the back because she always prefers standing to sitting. All in all, she did wonderful. When we went back to Nanna and Baba's we opened all of the family gifts with Amber, Curry and Ryn Ryn. At this point Addie had had enough and I put her to bed around 7:00. It was a big few days for a little girl.

Who could resist a shot of Fancy Nancy doing the Marilyn Monroe?

2 comments:

The High Family said...

Lauren ~

Thank you so much for stopping by our little blog and leaving that encouraging comment. It makes me feel better when I hear there are other little babies out there too!

You Addie is PRECIOUS! I can't get over how much Kara and Addie look alike?! Even the same type of hair...crazy!!

Were is your husband stationed? I was in the military for 8 years (Army Reserves) and got my honorable discharge 2 months before the war started. Are you still in NY with family or living elsewhere? I hope Nathan has a safe mission and returns home soon!

I saw that you have an address to send packages...I think I will add that to my "to-do" list and send some treats! :)

I loved reading about your family! I will definitely be back to see what little Addie is up to...that's impressive that she is crawling already! Kara has no interest in that. She hates to be on her tummy. She is just starting to sit up well. She loves to stand so I think I have another early walker on my hands (Ryan was walking at 10 months!).

Take care and YES...I often think about starting my own line of "skinny" clothes too! haha!

~ Bobbi

PS- Good Luck with the weight gain! I can't believe you have to go every week!? Do you have to pay a co-pay each time??

The High Family said...

Please leave as long of a comment as you would like. I love reading them!

We have Kara's weight check appt tomorrow afternoon. I will post more after the appt. She refuses to eat cereal and we haven't started her on veggies yet. I did purchase all the 1st stages over the weekend though. Target had a good deal...so we shall see what she likes/dislikes soon. I am curious what her weight will be and what the doctor has to say.

I feel so bad that you have to go through the weight checks every week. I couldn't imagine the stress. I was a total wreck when I found out that Kara had only gained 4 oz. in two months. I think I would have felt even worse if the doctor made me go every week to check her weight.

Did Addie not gain but lose at her 6 month appt? Our ped. told us that they would not be concerned unless Kara didn't gain but lost weight. I think that is why we are checking her one month later...just to be sure she is gaining and not losing.

I can't believe the doctors are expecting a 3-5oz gain per week?! That's a lot...especially if you are nursing her. As for reflux, we never officially got her diagnosed but I believe she might have had a small case of it. She would vomit/spit up a lot in the first 4 months. I had an oversupply (also had this with Ryan) of milk and a strong let down so I always believed she was getting too much too quickly but she would spit up hours after eating too. Thankfully she hasn't done that in a few months now.

I think Addie looks healthy and happy so please do not stress about what the doctors are saying. Some children are petite and we as mothers shouldn't force them to be what society/doctors thinks thinks they should be.

I was told that the "charts" were made to show growth in formula fed babies so I don't feel so bad that my children are at the 30% for weight and height...breastfed babies are small. It doesn't mean they are not healthy. :)

Good Luck and please keep me updated! I hope to see more pics of your little Addie soon!!

PS- My best and only advice that I give out to other mommies is TRUST YOUR MOTHERLY INSTINCT! You know what you child needs....so don't let family/friends or even doctors tell you that you are wrong. You are doing great (especially without your hubby there to help!)...keep up the great work! :)