Thursday, August 13, 2009

Beating the Heat

With lots of cool treats!

It has been hot here lately. Okay, well maybe not all that hot compared to what most of you are experiencing in Virginia. We've had a very cool summer this year. In fact I have not (up until this point) been hot enough to install one of our window air conditioners. We've been doing just fine with fans. By the way, no one (and I really mean no one) has built-in air conditioners in their homes here.

Another way we beat the heat is to go to the mall or grocery store. The park is also great because it is on a rather large hill, and is usually 5 degrees cooler than our backyard. The biggest problem is that I HATE cooking in the heat. I am struggling with making Addie nutritious homemade food without turning on the oven or range. Tomorrow I will use the crock pot (as suggested by my lovely neighbors). Nathan is the grill master, so that is out of the picture.

1 comment: