Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Haircut

Last time we were in Virginia my mom kept joking that she was going to cut Addie's bangs while I wasn't looking. After her first haircut I swore I wasn't going to cut her hair for a REALLY long time. The more my mom's words resonated with me the more I started to think it was a good idea to straighten it up a bit.

I knew that I had to have someone else do it this time because there is no way Addie would sit still for me. Luckily we have a cute little kids salon just blocks from our house. The moment we walked in the door Addie wanted to play with this house. She loved going through the door.

When it came time for the actual haircut I put her in the barber's chair, which just happened to be a Barbie Jeep, and she new something was up. She literally jumped out of the jeep and into my arms when the hairdresser came at her with the scissors. Luckily I was able to hold her while the hairdresser worked her magic. This was the best shot I got afterwards, which is not so great, but it gives you a good idea about how things went.
I had mixed emotions after her haircut. On one hand she looked very well groomed, on the other hand I miss her long unruly locks. I will say that it seems as if her hair gets more red every day!

No comments: