Thursday, August 7, 2008

New Friends

I just had to post some pictures of Addie in her tie-dyed onsie that her Uncle Ben gave her. It's probably one of the cutest things she's ever worn. Sorry about the really bad red-eye. I am working on eliminating it, but can't figure out what is wrong.

We have good news to report: Addison is now sleeping through the night (for the most part). Three nights out of the past 5 she's slept 7 hours. The first night this happened Nathan woke me up around 3:30 a.m. inquiring if she had woken up yet. I was absolutely shocked when I saw the glowing numbers on the clock. Keep your fingers crossed for us that Addie will keep this up, as we all wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed when she sleeps for a 7 hour stretch. I believe that she might be ready to sleep in her own room soon. Although, I am not so sure that Nathan and I are ready for this monumental change.

Also, within the past week she has discovered how awesome her hands are. She plays and stares at them, and it seems that she is amazed by what they can do. Oh to be a baby! Addie has really made me slow down and enjoy the small pleasures of life. She finds the greatest joy in looking at a leaf, or a face, or anything for that matter. I think that most adults can take a lesson from babies by simply stopping and enjoying their surroundings. Take it all in.




I've also included a video of Addie playing with her new friends on her bouncy seat. A few weeks ago she had no interest in playing or looking at them, but now she loves them. She even carries on conversations with them as you will see. They entertain her for about 10 minutes, which is just long enough for me to eat breakfast (unless I'm filming the antics of my adorable daughter).





No comments: