Friday, September 4, 2009

Slow Down

Today in an effort to get our guest bedroom cleaned and organized I packed up Addie's jumperoo. And her swing. And her bouncy seat.

I took apart the Jumperoo and stuffed it in the guest bedroom (aka the junk room) months ago, but when I actually packed it up in a box and put it in the attic I felt as if I was officially saying farewell to Addie's babyhood. I have to admit that I teared up a bit. She was such a sweet baby, and I am sad that those days are over.

Don't get me wrong, I love, LOVE, LOVE the stage Addie is currently going through. She is so much fun, and I love watching her grow and learn. Despite the fact that she is walking and talking (and running!), I still consider her a baby. Well, actually I think of her as half baby, half toddler.

The problem is when you have a newborn EVERYONE tells you how fast babies grow up, but when it's your own baby it is so shocking. I just can't believe that we used to swadle her, carry her everywhere (boy those days are oooover), feed her every 2 hours, etc. Another problem we have is that Addie is 15 months going on 3 years. She really thinks that she's a big kid. When we go to the park she prefers to play with the preschoolers. Naturally I have to assume that this is due to her advanced intellect, but it does make her appear older than she is.

I feel like tomorrow I am going to wake up and she will be in school. I must admit that I am extremely thankful that I get to spend every day with Addie. I know that even though these baby days go by very quickly, I have been there for everything. No regrets!

The following trip down memory lane is more for me, but I hope others enjoy it as well!







No comments: