Thursday, September 17, 2009

Workin' Hard

Over Memorial Day weekend my dad and uncle came to NY to help us rebuild our front porch. The porch had some structural problems from the get go, and they really seemed to get worse this past winter with the 215 inches of snow recorded in Watertown. We knew that it wouldn't pass the inspection in the condition that it was in when we put our house on the market.

Luckily my dad is a carpentry genius, and we couldn't be more appreciative of the help (and wonderful company) he and Uncle Sean gave us over the holiday weekend. I'm sure my dad is relieved that this is the LAST project he will help us on in this house. I have to say that I am actually looking forward to being renters for awhile.

Addison just had to be in the thick of the action. No matter how hard I tried to keep her engaged inside, she just really wanted to be out with the boys and the tools. She really tried to help by taking the screws out of the box and pushing them into the decking, and saying "eh eh eh." Fortunately Daddy let her help out a bit.


I will post pictures of the finished product soon. We are waiting for the wood to dry out a bit more before painting and staining. Hopefully I can find some before pictures too, but Nathan had the porch torn apart before I could take one. Just imagine the ugliest green outdoor carpeting you have ever seen.

No comments: