Wednesday, February 4, 2009

8 months ?!

How can it be that Addie just turned 8 months old? Where has the time gone? Surely if life had a pause button I'd have my finger on it all the time. I love watching her grow up, but I'm not sure I like the fact that it occurs at break-neck speed.

The other day we were at story time and I noticed that Addie was developmentally on par with the 11 month olds. I know it's a slippery slope to compare babies to each other because they all develop at such different rates, but I couldn't help being alarmed by what I saw. At 8 months she has her crawling down pat, pulls up, and is cruising the furniture.

She really wants to walk. She no longer likes to be carried or held. She really thinks that the world is her oyster. I keep thinking that it was just yesterday that Addie slept in my arms all day.

Anyways, enough with the lamenting...I included the video of Addie crawling because I just realized there were no crawling videos on here. Usually I take longer videos and send them to Nathan.

2 comments:

The High Family said...

Wow Lauren! You should be very proud of Addie. She is very advanced at 8 months old. We just mastered sitting up without falling over after two seconds with Kara. Each baby is different and we are quickly learning this with comparing our two. Ryan was walking by 10 months old. Kara loves to stand but isn't strong enough to walk or even crawl yet. She is trying to do the army crawl though. ;)

Addie is precious and I loved watching that video. I also love how you are documenting each month with a picture of her with different books on your sidebar. Great idea!

The High Family said...

I can't get enough of this video! She is soooo strong!

How is babysigns going? Were you able to get some books or videos?

I've started signing with Kara but she is sooo impatient when she is eating! ha. I have to quickly sign and then pick the spoon up fast before she starts throwing a fit. She has such a temper!