Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

I spent this Valentine's Day like so many previous Valentine's Days in years past...without a Valentine*. Don't worry, I'm not bitter mostly in part because I got to celebrate with Addie. And of course the ever-faithful husband sent flowers from half the world away. I can always count on Nathan to send flowers when he is gone, and it really does brighten my day.

Nathan mentioned on the phone earlier in the week that he was excited to have another Valentine to shop for. I guess he turned into a super softy for that little girl. She is pretty cute and special after all. When my flowers were delivered on Valentine's Day there was a bouquet for Addie as well. It had Addie written all over it. I'm amazed that he has been gone for almost 3 months, and yet he still knows Addie so well. I couldn't resist taking pictures, but Addie really wanted to eat the flowers.

Addie's flowers
My flowers

Thanks Dad!


* Nathan and I have spent 4 Valentine's Days IN A ROW away from each other. You may remember that he was deployed from January 2006 to May 2007 (2 right there). Last year (2008) he was in Georgia for training, and deployed again this year. In fact, out of the 6 possible Valentine's Days in our 5 1/2 year marriage we've spent 1 together (deployed in 2004). WOW!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I remember a Valentines day that started it all. I miss you guys! Lauren how much longer and you in Winchester?

The High Family said...

Those flowers are beautiful! Daddy did a great job even with being miles and miles away!

The question now is what will you do when he is actually here for good on EVERY Valentine's Day? :)

And OMGosh what a cute pic of Addie with the sign on her tush!! So creative!!