Thursday, February 12, 2009

Waterbabies

Twice a week, for the past 4 weeks Addie and I have schlepped to the swimming pool in Winchester at 9:00 a.m. for swimming lessons. Last week Addie graduated (with honors) from the first session of Waterbabies. They weren't actually lessons per se, as the purpose was really just to get her used to being in the water. Some days she really loved it, and other days she hated it. She mostly hated floating on her back and getting cold.

As for the floating issue, she is much more comfortable now than she was when we first started. As far as being cold in the pool, there is really nothing I could do about it. The poor girl seriously has no fat on her body to keep her warm. Many of the other babies her age in our class weighed 5-8 pounds more than her.

On the last day I asked one of the lifeguards to take pictures so that I could send them to Nathan, and thought that I would put a few of them on here too. All in all, we liked the class enough to sign up for the next session. I plan on keeping her in swimming classes until the summer so that she will enjoy being in the water this summer.




















































1 comment:

The High Family said...

She looks like she loves it in these pics. :)

We are taking Ryan to swim lessons this year. I decided to wait until he was 3 because I was too nervous that he might get ear infections when he was younger. I know silly huh?

Anyways, much luck with the rest of Addie's classes! I love her cute swim bloomers!