Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Friend, Richard Engle

Meet our new family friend....
A few days ago, I was on the phone with Nathan and he nonchalantly mentioned that there was an NBC news reporter staying in HIS tent. Of course my first reaction was that he needed to try to be on the national news. Afterall, I would have been jumping up and down waving my arms around shouting "Pick me, pick me....I want to be on the news!" But Nathan is not me, and much can be said about his decorum (especially in situations like these).

Then I finally got to the more important questions concerning Nate's new roomate (like the reporter's name, and what he was reporting on). I thought Nate would tell me it was some Joe Schmoe reporter that I'd never heard of. But again, I was wrong. It was Richard Engle, and if you've ever watched NBC Nightly News you will recognize him as their foreign war correspondant. Someone famous in my husband's tent?! Holy cow!

The next day, when Nate calls back I had to grill the poor guy even more about his new friend. They ate breakfast together, and that's not all.... Nathan showed him pictures of Addie. Richard Engle told Nathan that she was beautiful. That's right folks, a famous journalist thinks our daughter is cute! I can't say that I really needed that confirmation, but it's nice to have anyway.

Oh yeah, and we're not sure when the important news that our friend Richard was reporting on will make it to the airwaves. I have been watching like a hawk and will definitely post it when it airs.

No comments: